Conferences & Education
Full Program information now available! Click here to view a preview of the new brochure
Transformation is defined as an activity that dramatically changes a process or condition. Companies and industries can fail for many reasons but the most common is the failure to reinvent. Reinvention is the goal, transformation is the process. Join the 58th Western Independent Bankers Annual Conference for Bank Presidents, Senior Officers & Directors as we explore the possibilities of reinventing community banking and transforming ourselves in the process.
Learn How To:
- Enhance Your Board
- Manage for Change in the Banking Industry
- Improve Productivity and Efficiency
- Plan for the Future
This workshop will provide community bank chairmen and directors timely and insightful information to help them guide their bank’s strategy and success. We will explore top-of-mind issues including M&A, risk management and governance This workshop is limited to 50 pre-registered participants. Please indicate on your registration if you wish to attend.
Opening General Session
What will the banking sector look like in 2020? How will community banks fare? Hear about three potential business models that likely will emerge to take market share away from traditional, full-service banks that fail to adapt to the changing environment.
Popular and top-rated speaker, Dr. Peter Rupert, will present the latest update on the economic forecasts for the western states and share observations and thoughts that you can leverage for your future planning.
Join this session to learn the importance of cascading the strategic plan to every employee in the organization. Learn how to improve customer service, boost employee engagement, improve and develop leadership and create and maintain a customer centric culture.
Learn from Jack Stack’s successful experience using open-book management on an unprecedented scale and hear from Rick Whitsell, president and CEO of Fresno First Bank, how he and his board embraced those principles and successfully applied them to Fresno First using an ESOP as the foundation for transformation.
Our distinguished speaker, General Tony Zinni, will lead a discussion and share his insights on the trends that have reshaped our world in times of great change. Tomorrow’s successful leaders – in all fields, including the military, academia, politics, and business – must know how to create, operate, and thrive in very fluid, flattened and integrated structures.
Closing General Session
Audiences far and wide have cheered Dan Fouts’ leadership skills as he earned his spot in the Football Hall of Fame, setting new records in his 14-year quest to lead his team to the championship spot. In this closing session, Dan will share his insights on leadership and the challenges (and sometimes heartbreak) of leading a team to a winning season year after year. Sponsored by Granite Payment Alliance.
Banker & Director Peer Exchange Sessions
WIB’s Peer Exchange Sessions have often been described as “worth the price of admission”! Our unique format provides a forum for idea exchange, thought provoking discussions and resolution to many of the issues facing community bankers today in a safe and non-competitive peer environment. Sessions are limited to community bankers and directors only.
One-on-One with the FDIC
Back by popular demand, Stan Ivie, regional director of the FDIC, will host one-on-one meetings with community bankers. These informal exchanges offer a unique opportunity to interact with your regulator! Register early and book your spot as the line is already forming!
Community Banks of the Year Awards
Nominate your bank or another to honor creative and innovative achievements! We will once again present the Community Banks of the Year Awards at our Annual Conference. Email email@example.com for details.
Meet with representatives from some of the best service providers for financial institutions in the West on Sunday in the Expo. Learn about the product, service and solution providers that will help you grow and innovate!
If your firm is interested in having your name in front of 100+ banks, we have a variety of opportunities for you. For exhibiting, sponsorship and advertising opportunities, contact Clark Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 352-3225.
2015 Conference Advisory Committee
- Rick Beard, President & CEO, Bank of American Fork, UT
- Kevin Bender, EVP, COO, American River Bank, CA
- Tim Cassels, CFO, Bank of Fairfield, WA
- Russ Colombo, President & CEO, Bank of Marin, CA
- Pat Corey, President, IBIS Insurance Services, Inc., AZ
- Tom Duryea, President & CEO, Summit State Bank, CA
- Bill Eames, Director, Community Business Bank, CA
- Jerry Ernst, President & CEO, Horizon Community Bank, AZ
- Terry Frydenlund, President & CEO, 1st Bank Yuma, AZ
- Janet Garufis, President & CEO, Montecito Bank & Trust, CA
- Tani Girton, EVP & CFO, Bank of Marin, CA
- Kurt Gollnick, Chairman, 1st Capital Bank, CA
- Paul Gunther, Chairman of the Board, People’s Utah Bancorp, UT
- Mike Hannley, President & CEO, Bank of Tucson, AZ
- Steve Jones, EVP/COO/CFO, Security First Bank, CA
- Wayne Keddy, CEO, Granite Payment Alliance, CA
- Maria Kunac, President & CEO, San Diego Private Bank, CA
- Howard Levenson, Director, Vibra Bank, CA
- Bryan Luke, President & COO, Hawaii National Bank, HI
- Bryan McDonald, President & CEO, Whidbey Island Bank, WA
- John McGill, Sr. EVP & COO, Capital Bank, CA
- Adnan Mneimne, Relationship Manager, Union Bank, N.A., CA
- Greg Oakes, President & CEO, Cashmere Valley Bank, WA
- Terry Peterson, President & CEO, California Bank of Commerce, CA
- Dave Price, Chairman of the Board, Fresno First Bank, CA
- Ruth Razook, CEO & Founder, RLR Management Consulting, Inc., CA
- Brian Vance, CEO, Heritage Bank, WA
- Mike Vanderpool, President, Security Bank of California, CA
- Wes Veach, President & CEO, Bankcda, ID
- Jim Woolwine, Chairman, Presidio Bank, CA
- Scott Yandell, President & CEO, Savings Bank of Mendocino County, CA
– Eric Schmutz, State Bank of Southern Utah