Conferences & Education
Full Program information now available! Click here to view PDF brochure
Transformation and change are two very different things.Change is constant, inevitable and is all around us. Transformation is purposeful and can be ground-breaking. In an organizational context, transformation is a process of profound and radical change that drives an organization – or a person or team – forward in a new direction, taking it to an entirely different level of effectiveness. Transformation implies a fundamental change of character, with little or no resemblance with the past configuration or structure. Join your peers and leading business experts at the Western Independent Bankers 58th Annual Conference for Bank Presidents, Senior Officers & Directors as we explore the possibilities surrounding the reinvention of community banking while transforming ourselves in the process.
Learn How To:
- Enhance Your Board
- Manage for Change in the Banking Industry
- Improve Productivity and Efficiency
- Plan for the Future
Community Banks and Bankers of the Year Awards
We are once again teaming up with Chairman’s Circle sponsor BDO to present awards, this year designed to honor independent banks and bankers in the West for contributions to their communities.
Award recipients - one community bank and one community banker - will be named during the Opening General Session of the Annual Conference in Maui. Winners will receive an award and a $1,000 donation will be made to the charity of their choice.
Click here for information on how to nominate a recipient. Nomination deadline is February 15, 2015.
Highlights from Last Year's Conference
Speaker satisfaction scores: 4.5/5 average
Overall, did the conference meet or exceed your expectations? 95% of attendees responded yes
Did it achieve the objectives you had in mind when you decided to attend? 95% yes
2015 Conference Highlights
Banker & Director Peer Exchange Sessions
WIB’s Peer Exchange Sessions have often been described as “worth the price of admission.” Our unique format provides a forum for the exchange of ideas, thought provoking discussions and resolution to many of the issues facing community bankers today in a safe and non-competitive peer environment. Peer Exchange Sessions are limited to community bankers and directors only.
One-on-One Meetings with the Regulators
Back by popular demand, Stan Ivie, regional director of the FDIC, and Kevin Zerbe, group vice president, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco will host 15-minute one-on-one meetings with community bankers. These informal exchanges offer a unique opportunity to interact with your regulator. Register early and book your spot as the line is already forming! Please, one appointment per bank.
Meet with representatives from some of the best service providers for financial institutions in the West on Sunday in the Expo. Learn about the product, service and solution providers that will help you grow.
If your firm is interested in having your name in front of 100+ banks, we have a variety of opportunities for you. For exhibiting, sponsorship and advertising opportunities, contact Clark Franklin at email@example.com or (415) 352-3225.
2015 Conference Advisory Committee
- Jerry Ernst, President & CEO, Horizon Community Bank, AZ, Chair
- Rick Beard, President & CEO, Bank of American Fork, UT
- Kevin Bender, EVP, COO, American River Bank, CA
- Tim Cassels, CFO, Bank of Fairfield, WA
- Russ Colombo, President & CEO, Bank of Marin, CA
- Pat Corey, President, IBIS Insurance Services, Inc., AZ
- Tom Duryea, President & CEO, Summit State Bank, CA
- Bill Eames, Director, Community Business Bank, CA
- Terry Frydenlund, President & CEO, 1st Bank Yuma, AZ
- Janet Garufis, President & CEO, Montecito Bank & Trust, CA
- Tani Girton, EVP & CFO, Bank of Marin, CA
- Kurt Gollnick, Chairman, 1st Capital Bank, CA
- Paul Gunther, Chairman, People’s Utah Bancorp, UT
- Mike Hannley, President & CEO, Bank of Tucson, AZ
- Steve Jones, EVP/COO/CFO, Security First Bank, CA
- Wayne Keddy, CEO, Granite Payment Alliance, CA
- Maria Kunac, President & CEO, San Diego Private Bank, CA
- Howard Levenson, Director, Vibra Bank, CA
- Bryan Luke, President & COO, Hawaii National Bank, HI
- Bryan McDonald, President & CEO, Whidbey Island Bank, WA
- John McGill, Sr. EVP & COO, Capital Bank, CA
- Adnan Mneimne, Relationship Manager, Union Bank, N.A., CA
- Greg Oakes, President & CEO, Cashmere Valley Bank, WA
- Terry Peterson, President & CEO, California Bank of Commerce, CA
- Dave Price, Chairman, Fresno First Bank, CA
- Ruth Razook, CEO & Founder, RLR Management Consulting, Inc., CA
- Brian Vance, CEO, Heritage Bank, WA
- Mike Vanderpool, President, Security Bank of California, CA
- Wes Veach, President & CEO, Bankcda, ID
- Jim Woolwine, Chairman, Presidio Bank, CA
- Scott Yandell, President & CEO, Savings Bank of Mendocino County, CA
– Scott Yandell, President & CEO, Savings Bank of Mendocino County