Conferences & Education
Information on being an sponsor or exhibitor is now available! Download the prospectus here.
- Explore the future of banking and the world of M&A to prepare for what may come
- Hear first-hand the Fed’s guidance for directors on what to expect for the coming year
Gain a deeper understanding of
the director’s role with regard to compliance, technology,
vendor management and director liability
- Find out if you have the right people at the table – and how to get and keep them
Reinforce your bank's foundation for even stronger possibilities.
It seems that today’s community bank director needs to be an expert in all things – technology, compliance, regulations, vendor management, hiring and firing, M&A, strategy and then some. The Western Independent Bankers 2015 Directors Conference is designed to provide directors with what you need to know about these critical issues and provide tangible takeaways. You’ll strengthen both your knowledge base and your community bank’s foundation for moving forward into whatever the future holds. This year’s conference will give you what you’ll need to take on tomorrow’s challenges.
Our popular Peer Exchange Sessions will allow you to discuss these hot topics and more. Plus, participate in a lively and engaging mock board session where you’ll evaluate with a real-world focus and come away with real-life learning.
New this year – a dedicated focus on a topic that’s at the top of almost everyone’s list: mergers and acquisitions. Kick-off the conference and roll up your sleeves at our M&A Simulation pre-conference workshop, “The Wolves of Wall Street,” that will have you exploring M&A strategies like never before.
You’ll then have the option of choosing among concurrent sessions on Day 2 where the M&A topics will include strategic planning, maximizing shareholder value, compensation and retention, all brought to you by thought-leaders from various disciplines. Our industry experts are ready to arm you with what you’ll need to learn to address the challenges and opportunities inherent in our world of M&A. You may choose any or all of these M&A track sessions and customize the conference experience that is right for you.
Who Should Attend
Tabletop displays feature the industry’s top product and service providers to help you fulfill your governance needs. Meet with exhibitors on Thursday, November 5.
- Cathy Carter-Duncan, Director, Montecito Bank & Trust, CA
- Lou Cosso, Director, Tri-Valley Bank, CA
- Denis Daly, Chairman, Trans Pacific National Bank, CA
- Terry W. Frydenlund, President & CEO, 1st Bank Yuma, AZ
- Allan Hemphill, Chairman, Summit State Bank, CA
- Dee Lacey, Director, Heritage Oaks Bank, CA
- Gary C. Wallace, Director and Chairman of the Audit Committee, Plaza Bancorp and Orient Bancorp