Publications & Resources
Article Library 2007-08
Below is a list of articles written by WIB Associate Members, arranged by date authored and article focus. Click on an article title below to view full story. Looking for a specific topic? Use the search feature above to do a search of our site.
To see a list of available Focus Topics, click here.
Date Authored: January 2008
Focus: Compliance Focus: Compliance
2007Date Authored: October 2007
Focus: Directors Focus: Directors
- Executive and Director Compensation in Today's Environment
- Seven Improvement Tips for the Directors Audit Committee
- The Trials and Tribulations of Mergers and Acquisitions
- What Do Bank Investors and Buyers Look For During A Down Market?
- Corporate Governance Update for
- How Loan Pricing Models Are Helping Independent Bankers Boost ROE, Manage Risk
- Changing How We Think About Boards
- To Move Forward, You Have to Get Out of Neutral
- Addressing the Challenges of Board Reporting
- Trends in Board Compensation and Composition
- The Business For Better Banking: VIP Solutions To Improve Performance & Profitability
Date Authored: August 2007 Date Authored: August 2007
Focus: Technology Focus: Technology
- Leveraging Technology to Simplify BSA Compliance
- Electronic Check Conversion: If Your Customers Haven't Asked for It, They Will Soon
- Major Credit Card Company Standards Create Additional Requirements
- Top Regulatory Concerns & Examiner Expectations
- Moving Targets: How to Manage the High Risk of Mobile Computing Devices
- Big Benefits: How Today's Community Banks Are Using Online Technology to Make Mortgage Lending Faster, More Efficient, More Profitable
- Assessing Customer Risk to Meet the Patriot Act's Rules
- The Trends and Market Demands of Remote Capture
- Non-Traditional Banking Channels - The Future of Retail Delivery
- The Importance of Performing Vulnerability & Penetration Testing: Find out your weaknesses before hackers do…
- WIB Service Corp. Update: Excellence is Spelled VIP
Date Authored: June 2007 Date Authored: June 2007
Focus: Leadership Focus: Leadership
- Making Exceptional Leadership a Core Competency
- How to Make Coaching Cool at Your Community Bank
- The L in Supervisor
- How Can You Better Build Your Team?
- If You are Having Problems Attracting and Retaining Great Talent, then Perhaps You Should Step Back and Look in the Mirror
- Breakthrough Leadership: Guiding Community Banks in the Next Decade
- Leaders Developing Leaders - Are you a Figurehead or Leader?
- Successful Succession Planning
- Strategic Leadership for Long-term Change
- Ensuring Your Bank's Assets are Insured with WIB Workers' Comp Self-Insurance Group (WIBSIG) and Independent Bankers Insurance Services (IBIS)
- Preparing Your Bank's Insurance for a Major Claim
- Disaster Planning Means Communicating In Real Time With Directors
- Business Continuity Planning: You May Not be as Ready as You Think
- The 10 Most Common Mistakes Made When Implementing Business Continuity Plans
- BCP Considerations That Slip Through the Cracks
- A Best Practice Information Security Risk Analysis that You Can Bank On
- Are You Prepared for a Data Breach?
- Effective Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning Practices
- Credit Stress Testing: A Tool for Assessing Concentration Risk A Path to Improving Risk Management
- Preparing for the Worst: Disaster Recovery Testing is Key
- WIB Service Corporation: Community Banks' Path to Value-Added Products & Services
- Accounting Just Became More "Taxing"
- Building Balance: The Secret By-Product of Bundling
- Buying and Selling Loans to Change Allocation Mix
- Could you use some more capital?
- Best Practices for Increasing Core Deposits
- Trust Preferred Securities: A Lower Cost of Capital for Community Banks
- Sale-Leaseback Transactions for Mid-Size Banks
- Balance Sheet Restructuring - Proactive or Reactive?
- Increasing Returns without Increasing Loans or Deposits
- WIB Service Corporation Report
|More: 2009-10 > 2007-08 > 2005-06 > 2003-04 > 2000-02|